Our litigation practice consists in defending our clients against tax credit assessments and resolutions opposing their interests issued by the tax authorities. Such resolutions include refusals to refund any amount that belongs to them or other determinations that harm our clients’ interests.
These defenses mechanisms are carried out through administrative remedies before the authority, annulment trials before the Federal Court of Administrative Justice, procedures before Courts for Administrative Justice of the States of the Mexican Republic, as well as legal safeguards and remedies performed before the different branches of the Federal Judicial Power.
Our services encompass these types of legal actions regarding contributions of the three levels of government (federal, state, and municipal), as well as in custom matters.
In this field, we counsel natural or legal entities regarding local, federal, and international tax consequences of their day to day activities. The firm also provides consulting services regarding the entities’ operations and strategic transactions.
Our consultancy practice encompasses the following areas:
· Analysis to specific cases related to the day to day operations of companies in the industrial, finance and service industries.
· Operations between related parties (transfer pricing) in both domestic and cross-border transactions
· Financial activities
· Funding provisions or receipts
· Investments in foreign jurisdictions both by an individual or a legal entity
· Special tax regimes of financial intermediaries, such as credit institutions, insurance companies,
brokerage firms, and factoring companies
Corporate projects and restructures
For strategic business projects, we advise our clients on the tax consequences of the following transactions:
· Mergers, splits, and reorganizations
· Acquisitions of companies, we may advise both the acquirer or the alienator
· Public and private bids
· Public or private issuance of capital (o equity) or debt in Mexico and abroad
· Corporate and/or financial restructures
· Joint ventures
· Real estate investments
Regarding cross-border transactions with a tax impact in Mexico but involving other jurisdictions, we advise on the tax consequences of all types of operations and projects, for both, residents in Mexico and abroad, in the following areas:
· General funding
· Analysis for the implementation of financial or productive investments
· Financial leases
· Special tax regimes
· Capital and investment repatriation
We provide tax consultancy no the tax consequences for inheritance issues to individuals, such as:
· Personal and family investment structures
· Investment repatriation
· Retirement compensations
· Establishment of assistance institutions to receive tax-deductible donations
· Foreign income and investments
Likewise, we assist and represent our clients before the different tax administrative authorities, both local and federal, as well as other public entities involved in tax affairs.
The consultancy we provide to our clients includes the following, among other aspects:
• Representation before the Taxpayers’ Rights Agency (Tax Ombudsman) in proceedings of conclusive agreements, complaints, and consultations.
• Registration and enrollment in the different branches of public administration
• Attention and relief of information and documentation requirements
• Support in audit proceedings, including the fulfillment of requirements, as well as analysis and preparation of the documentation to be submitted
• Submission, design and approach for the petition of advance rulings, as well as the process of divers authorizations
Representation before Authorities
Sierra Candela No. 111 Piso 9,
Col. Lomas de Chapultepec,